Product description according to Avon:
A magical air-light gel-powder colorless formula that makes all skin tones look flawless... invisible coverage; instant perfection. Banish shine up to 10 hours. Apply evenly before sun exposure or as needed. 1 fl. oz.
"This colorless formula is perfect for anyone who want to look naturally flawless and beautiful without looking like you're wearing any makeup. It's universally flattering and a secret weapon in your makeup bag."
-- Jillian Dempsey, Avon's Global Creative Color Director
Targets pores: visibly minimizes pores with patent-pending Optix Light-Diffusing Technology.
Banishes Shine: holds back shine for up to 10 hours
Smooths Skin: reduces the look of fine lines...skin feels softer than ever.
I was thinking about this product since it came out and waited for a good offer (2 any MagiX products for $10) Used it for the first time on Mothers Day and have keep using it on and off alternating with Rimmel Fix & Perfect.
What I Like:
- Packaging: squeeze tube is medium size, not flat but not bulky either and its plastic; making it convenient for traveling
- Formula: it has a dry? gel texture that is not messy or too liquid like Rimmel Fix & Perfect, is clear and light. Skin feels smooth, not leaving a wet or sticky sensation.
- A little goes a long way. Think that two small pearl size was enough to cover my whole face.
- Price: Even when is reg $10each (I get the Rimmel one at $7 in Walgreens) think is a good deal for a face primer, Avon often has Bogo for this line or item
- Effectiveness: It does the job if you want a natural or dewy look. In my experience my skin didn't stay completely mate but it wasn't oily or caky either. If I need something more strong I use the Rimmel one instead. Pores in my nose and skin between my nose and cheeks where less noticeable.
- I use Revlon ColorStay foundation and it make it easier to blend it and notice I used less foundation in areas where I have redness problems.
What I don't like:
- Availability: Since Avon products are not sold in stores if I run out of it will have to order it online or trough a Avon lady
- Wish I could achieve that super mate look like I do with Rimmel because I love the other stuff this primer does for my skin
This time wasn't using Revlon ColorStay because I couldn't find it, was using Maybelline Age Rewind that is more on the medium side coverage
Next primers in Que? Palladio Herbal Foundation primer (which was reviewed by emilynoel83 and compared to Smashbox Photofinish primer) and Mark Please Hold eye primer
If you have other alternative for affordable primers let me know!